Kenyans are in shock after losing a number of popular personalities to cancer. Bob Collymore who was Safaricom CEO and beloved boss about a month ag, Kibra MP Ken Okoth and now Bomet Governor Joyce Laboso.
Many Kenyans feel that cancer should be declared a national disaster and the focus move to educating the youth about Cancer prevention tips.
Well, we have saved some time for you as we have some simple cancer prevention tips.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Base your diet on fruits, vegetables and other foods from plant sources — such as whole grains and beans.
- Avoid obesity. Eat lighter and leaner by choosing fewer high-calorie foods, including refined sugars and fat from animal sources.
- If you choose to drink alcohol, do so only in moderation- the risk of various types of cancer — including cancer of the breast, colon, lung, kidney, and liver — increases with the amount of alcohol you drink and the length of time you’ve been drinking regularly.
- Limit processed meats. A report from the International Agency for Research on Cancer, the cancer agency of the World Health Organization, concluded that eating large amounts of processed meat can slightly increase the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Avoiding tobacco — or deciding to stop using it — is an important part of cancer prevention. If you need help quitting tobacco, ask your doctor about stop-smoking products and other strategies for quitting.
Regular self-exams and screenings for various types of cancers — such as cancer of the skin, colon, cervix, and breast — can increase your chances of discovering cancer early, when treatment is most likely to be successful. Ask your doctor about the best cancer screening schedule for you.