1. They demonstrated, yet again, last Saturday night because of a black out in their school.
2. Babu Owino is an Atletico Madrid fan and lost a Ksh 122000 on a bet during the UEFA Champions League final last Saturday where Real Madrid defeated Atletico Madrid in Lisbon.
3. Ndege Sirkal, an influential figure in UoN, just became a father early this morning.
4. UoN comrades are in an image cleansing mission with the following strategies in place: Instead of stoning and thiefing from motorists, this is what we should be doing when there is blackout of more than 1 hour(only at night);
i. Say a short prayer to God for the lights to be back.
ii. Call/SMS/Whatsapp your girlfriend/boyfriend and share a moment in the darkk. Touch each other appropriately but don’t sex.
iii. Call a Kamukunji outside Hall9 where Oyola, Ndege, Babu, Mogeka, Bonnie, Obare, Odoyo and Edith Mwirigi shall be standby to entertain you. Mzenga Mumo may also be there.
iv. If you hate darkness, run fast to town and stand just below those street lights like a moth does!
v. Buy scented candles from tuckshops in Hall9, Hall3, Box and Hall7. More candles to be brought to other tuckshops.
vi. If you had not cooked thank God for it. Its a blessing in disguise; you will save for tomorrow. You can also use the opportunity to fast and pray!!!
5. UoN is still Kenya’s Top University, in terms of education quality.