On a Sunday , Kenyans did hear the sudden demise of a veteran footballer Joe Kadenge. Joe Kadenge has been sick for quite sometime. He died at the age of 84 years as a result of mild stroke that kept recurring.
Various leaders across the political divide sent their condolences to the family of Kadenge as they recalled his enormous contributions he made in the country in the matters football. President Uhuru Kenyatta and Opposition leader Raila Odinga were among those who reminisces of the late Kadenge.
What you need to know!
- Joe was not only a player but he rose to become Harambee Stars coach in 2002
- He started his professional career in the Nakuru All stars and played for Harambee Stars for 14 remarkable years.
- In 2012, he was appointed the First Kenya Football Ambassador by the Football Kenya Federation (FKF). In 2005, he was awarded with Hall of Fame in the SOYA Awards.
- ‘Kadenge na Mpira’ is a phrase the makes many remember, arguably the best striker Kenya has ever produced.
- His sons are carrying his legacy of football as Oscar playing as middle fielder and Evans is the head coach of Nzoia United.
The country mourns the demise of the veteran soccer player. He is a legend who did Kenya proud in 1960’s.