Binyavanga did trend in 2014, when he came out to publicly announce that he is a member of LGBTQ. This made many to digress his personal life through interviews and also by reading the books he has authored.
Kenya as a country that doesn’t support LGBTQ rights, Binyavanga became an activist whose agenda were not welcomed in the latter. Sources say that he died from stroke that has been hitting him for quite sometime.
What you need to know about him?
- He won the 2003 Caine Prize for African Writing
2. Binyavanga was featured as the Most Influential People In the World by Times Magazine
3.He did set up a literary magazine, Kwani, as a platform for emerging writers.
4. Binyavanga was born in Nakuru’s Milimani, and he was a timid and shy child.
5. Binyavanga commenced a restaurant business in South Africa to make ends meet
6. He revealed his HIV status to the public.
Binyavanga Wainaina books
Binyavanga Wainaina is really famous for his writings. Binyavanga wainaina “How to write about Africa” was appreciated by all his book lovers. Now, let’s have a look at some of the books authored by him.
An Affair to Dismember (2002)
Discovering home (2003)
Kwani? – 02 (Volume 2) (2003)
Beyond the River Yei: life in the land where sleeping is a disease (2004)
Kwani? – 01 (2005) Kwani? (2007)
One day I will write about this place (2008)
How to write about Africa (2008)
Eines Tages werde ich über diesen Ort schreiben (2013)
As the 48 year old departs from the world, condolences messages for those who knew him have kept tripling online.