The Parliament of Kenya currently has in place an attachment and internship programme for students studying in public universities in Kenya.
The programme seeks to-
- Provide students with an opportunity to gain practical knowledge regarding the area of study by integrating theory with practice
- Serve as a platform through which the students can learn about the work environment and its demands
The Parliamentary Attachment and Internship Programme is open to students who are required to undertake an attachment programme as part of their academic qualifications students who wish to gain technical experience in their area of specialization.
The attachment programme runs for a period of three months while the internship programme runs for a period of six months.
Students who are interested in the Attachment and Internship Programme may submit, to the Clerk of the Senate/Secretary to the Parliamentary Service Commission, their application for attachment or internship together with following documents at least three months before the commencement of the attachment of internship.
- A letter of introduction form the University indicating their field of study and the number of credits for the practical attachment;
- A copy of the student’s national identity card or passport;
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- A copy of the student’s certificate of good conduct; and
- Proof of insurance cover
Should you require further clarification kindly contact: