Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame” made history with the global debut of $1,209.0 million, becoming the first film in history to surpass $1 billion in its opening weekend.
It reached the billion-dollar threshold in 5 days, more than twice as fast as “Avengers: Infinity War,” which held the record at 11 days.
- #1 domestic ($350M), international ($859M), and global ($1,209.0M) debuts
- Fastest film to $1B globally (5 days)
- 8th Marvel Studios film to cross $1B; 2nd to cross $1B this year (with “Captain Marvel”)
- Biggest industry opening weekend across all regions and in 44 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France, Italy, Spain, UK/Ireland
- Biggest industry single-day grosses in 29 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, UK/Ireland
- Biggest IMAX global debut ($91.5M)
Courtesy of https://9gag.com