The mood is filled with excitement as people fill their seats in Michael Joseph Centre in Safaricom House. Everyone is excited to see the amazing looks from Kenyan designers on the runway.
Brian Robert, the organizer of the annual event which won best fashion show at the Pwani Awards 2015, paces up and down as he tries to finish up on last minute preparations. The event which was set to begin at 6pm is delayed and finally begins at 8.00pm.
The audience have a ball on the red carpet as they enjoy their minutes of fame in front of the paparazzi before getting onto their seats.
In attendance are some familiar faces Ian Mbugua, Owago, MP Isaac Mwaura and wife Mukami.
Crystal Okusa, fashion icon and Pulse writer, is the MC of the night and asks everyone to have a seat and the fashion event begins.
Brads fashion show is all about showcasing Kenyan fashion designers and giving them a place to sell their designs.
The designers who showcased were:
- Seki Classy Designs. A trendy and elegant fashion house with a mix of African print materials.
- Syandi – Fashion that speaks for itself, inspired by white.
3. Shenu Hooda – Indian contemporary for young and old
4. Nikita – Risque and liberating designs
5. Mohammed Bana – Award winning designer who is changing the face of fashion.
6. Chantale Riziki – UoN student with African inspired designs
7. Glamourville – white and gold colors
8. Stella – beach wear, hawt couture and animal pride designs by Charity Kithinji
9. Afrobertine – Kenyan bag manufacturers
10. Briy designs – young and edgy
11. Djodey designs – red carpet looks
12. Malishaj – inspired by elegance
13. Vaishali Moriaria creations – Jumia Glamour Awards winner and has showcased worldwide
14. Phyllgood by Shiro
After the runway show, the audience could purchase the items they had seen in the market.
Brian came up and gave a vote of thanks for all the attendees and sponsors.
Did you like this article? Tell us below.