The East Africa Student Film Festival At Daystar University

878
Subscribe to our newsletter
(Last Updated On: November 14, 2017)

The East Africa Student Film Festival is an annual event held yearly at Daystar giving East African students a chance to interact with each other and industry people.

This year, the EASFF was held at Daystar University from the 6th to the 11th of November. Various documentaries, short films, feature-length films and smart phone films were submitted by students for awards.

All films will be subjected to public voting, which will account for 30% of the total evaluation. The remaining 70% will be decided by the Jury, which will constitute dedicated professionals that may include film lecturers, filmmakers, writers, directors, producers, actors, distributors, agents, film critics and journalists. The winners were announced at the closing ceremony on the 11th.

READ ALSO:ย #MeetThePlugย : Gatehi Mwaniki, Creative Filmmaker Daystar University Student

NMK Films won awards for: Best short film. Best actor, Best actress, Best director, Best cinematography, Best editing and Best sound engineering. ย 

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )
Join over 3.000 visitors who are receiving our newsletter and staying in the know on our top articles, latest events and upcoming activities!Click here and join the community today.
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.