As students prepare to join higher learning institutions in the country,many prepare to apply for students loans offered by HELB. The maximum amount that the board awards to each university student is as high as Ksh.60,000 and as low as Ksh.35,000. HELB application is done online, and a student is required to download the HELB loan form after filling so that it can be signed and submitted to HELB offices located at Anniversary Towers in Nairobi.
Here is what you need to get that loan;
- National ID card
- Bank Account
- A KRA PIN
- Parents Details (Photocopy of Your Identification Card) KCSE AND KCPE RESULTS
- Email address
- Details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
After having the details ready;
1. Visit the official HELB portal then click HELB Registration.
- Click on the “create an account’’ to create your HELB account by filling the spaces as prompted.
- Click on the link First Time Undergraduate Loan Application
- Fill the form accurately from the personal details, education, university, parents, family expenses, guarantors, and Bank details.
- Confirm that you have filled your form correctly and click on “Print form” to print your HELB Form.
- After filling your form, ensure that all the parts required to be signed have been signed .
Deadline closes on 31st August 2018