The Finance department is crucial to the stability and growth of Tachicom – Kenya.
Post: Finance and Administration Intern
Accountable to: Finance and Administration Department
Location: Nairobi, Ngara
Key Relationships: Head of Finance; Head of Business Development
- To provide an effective and efficient administration service to all internal and external customers with empathy and professionalism.
- Regularly review resources i.e. petty cash, stationery, cleaning, meeting and training rooms and catering supplies.
- Manage reception and the telephone system with professionalism and promptness.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports
- Respond efficiently and effectively to all enquiries.
- Maintain integrity of inward and outward correspondence and filing systems.
- Actively support and assist all co-workers with a quality administrative service.
- To communicate internal/external events and/or meetings in a timely fashion.
- To manage all filing requirements.
- To undertake special projects as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial books.
- Record and document financial transactions.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintain petty cash
- Audit internal financial transactions
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Filing of statutory requirements
- Financial reporting Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Relieve management of administrative detail, all projects
- Coordinate work flow
- Update and follow up delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
- Take initiative in manager’s absence
- Keep projects on schedule
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
- Handle all inquiries within capacity
- Handle calls while making call backs
- Schedule appointment and meetings
- Writing of minutes
- Compose correspondence/reports for own or manager’s signature
- Arrange essential mail in priority action order for the manager
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Prepare and control administrative budgets
- Business Administration / Finance Degree
- Knowledge of computerized accounting system such as SAGE, Quick books is an added advantage
- Proficient use of Microsoft office applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good command of Language
- Reporting Skills,
- Attention to Detail,
- Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
a) The internship period will be for a period of three months renewable based on performance where terms will be reviewed.
b) The internee will take care of transport and other personal expenses during the period
c) Costs incurred during official assignments will be catered for by the firm
Subject of email to clearly indicate: Finance and Administration Internship
Send application letter and CV to the address: email@example.com
NB/ Late applications would not be considered.