It’s going to be literally ‘raining’ celebrities in South Africa on the 2nd of December 2018. Many of them who are International artists, actresses and Television personalities mainly from America, South Africa and Nigeria will are going to be a part of the Global citizen Festival.
Among them include America’s celebrity power couple Jay z and Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, Usher, Pharrell Williams, Chris Martin, Oprah Winfrey, Naomi Campbell and Tyler Perry.
Africa will be represented by singers Wizkid, Dbanj and Tiwa Savage all from Nigeria and also rapper Casper Nyovest, Femi Kuti and Sho Madjozi from South Africa.
Global Citizen Festival is an annual free and ticketless concert that brings together celebrities, politicians and global leaders in efforts to end extreme poverty. This year’s edition of the event will be in honor of South Africa’s former president Nelson Mandela.
Here are a few points to note about some of the celebrities headlining the event;
- Jay Z and Beyonce have been married for 10 years now.
- The couple recently released a joint album together titled everything is love.
- Oprah Winfrey was the first black woman billionaire has been ranked as the richest African American woman.
- She was taught how to read by her grandmother by the age of three.
- Naomi Campbell was the first black woman to appear on the cover of French magazine, Vogue, at the age of 18.
- She has never met her father following her mother’s wish for he abandoned her when she was just four months pregnant.