Brian Robert is a 26 year old event organizer, choreographer and entrepreneur. The former model turned to event organizing due to the passion he has for it. Brads Fashion show, an annual event showcasing Kenyan fashion designers is his project.
We sat down with him for an exclusive interview with him:
- How did the Brad Show come into existence?
It came about as inspiration from modeling. I saw there is a need for a platform for designers. This way models and designers can each have a job.
2. What does the Brad show mean to you?
It is very important for me as it gives local designers a showcase for their passion.
3. Why did you name it Brad?
It is a collaboration of my names.
4. What is your vision for Brad’s fashion show?
I would love to see it move across east Africa and even eventually the whole of Africa!
5. How do designers get op be part of the show?
We held auditions for them where they showcased their clothes and we finally got down to the 15 designers.
6. Have you had any challenges?
Yes, the main challenge is finding sponsorship for the event.
7. Any advantages?
The Kenyan media have been very supportive of the event and I thank you.
8. Any messages you have for students?
Yes, its very important to support local talent. It goes a long way.
9. Which university did you attend?
I was in JKUAT and studied journalism.
Read all about how the Brad Show went down here.
Did you like this article? Share your thoughts below.