Potus just released his two part playlists on Spotify, sorry Apple.
The president’s “Day” playlist has 20 high-energy tracks from artists like Coldplay, Brandi Carlisle, and Florence + the Machine.
The more laid-back “Night” playlist includes songs from The Lumineers, Al Green, and Van Morrison.
The playlists, uploaded on the official White House Spotify account, even have their own Twitter hashtag: #POTUSPlaylist. President Obama hand-picked his favorite songs for a summer playlist,” according to the White House’s Spotify account.
Obama announced the playlists himself on Twitter:
- Ain’t Too Proud to Beg – The Temptations
- Live It Up – Isley Brothers
- Memories Live – Talib Kweli & Hi Tek
- Tombstone Blues – Bob Dylan
- So Much Trouble in the World – Bob Marley
- Paradise – Coldplay
- Tengo Un Trato (Remix) – Mala Rodriguez
- Wang Dang Doodle – Howlin Wolf
- Another Star – Stevie Wonder
- Hot Fun in the Summertime – Sly & the Family Stone
- Boozophilia – Low Cut Connie
- Wherever Is Your Heart – Brandi Carlile
- Good Day – Nappy Roots
- Green Light – John Legend
- Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
- Rock Steady – Aretha Franklin
- Down Down the Deep River – Okkervil River
- Pusher Love Girl – Justin Timberlake
- Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
- La Salsa La Traigo Yo – Sonora Carruseles
- My Favorite Things – John Coltrane
- Superpower (feat. Frank Ocean) – Beyoncé
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Is Your Love Big Enough? – Lianne La Havas
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart – Al Green
- Red & White & Blue & Gold – Aoife O’Donovan
- Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill
- The Best Is Yet to Come – Frank Sinatra
- You Don’t Know Me – Ray Charles
- I Found My Everything – Mary J Blige
- Help Me – Joni Mitchell
- I’ve Got Dreams to Remember – Otis Redding
- Suzanne – Leonard Cohen
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Stubborn Love – The Lumineers
- Until – Cassandra Wilson
- UMI Says – Mos Def
- The Very Thought of You – Billie Holiday
- Flamenco Sketches – Miles Davis
- Woo – Erykah Badu
It’s a shocker there is no Jay-z in his playlist, most people expected at least one Jay-z song on his two part playlist. Jay-z might have a speed dial on POTUS but that doesn’t guarantee a spot on his playlist, I wonder what Jay has to say about this. And wait a minute after Michele bust a moved on uptown funk we definitely think it should have made the list too. This is the songs in his summer playlist.
Immediately President Obama gave us his Spotify playlist, Jay Z also shared what he’s listening to with his “Summer Sauce 2″ playlist, which he posted on TIDAL. Unlike the POTUS, the Roc Nation boss keeps it strictly hip-hop on the 20 tracks, which feature old school classics and new school hits.
Jay shows he’s keeping up on what’s new with cuts from Travi$ Scott, 2 Chainz, and Future, while also paying homage greats like Eazy-E, UGK, and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
He acknowledges the Meek Mill and Drake beef with their controversy-starting collaboration “R.I.C.O.,” and caps it off with his own “Allure” off 2003’s The Black Album.
This is not Jay’s first TIDAL playlist. In June, he shared his “Fuck the Summer Up” playlist with selections from Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd, and Mrs. Carter.
Is Jay trying to hint at Mr. POTUS for forgetting something….
JAY Z / SUMMER SAUCE 2 PLAYLIST
- “Stick Talk” – Future
2. “R.I.C.O.” – Meek Mill (feat. Drake)
3. “Trap Niggas” – Future
4. “Poppin” – Rico Richie
5. “Watch Out” – 2 Chainz
6. “Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2 (LPFJ2)” – A$AP Rocky
7. “March Madness” – Future
8. “Antidote” – Travi$ Scott
9. “Boyz-N-The-Hood” – Eazy-E
10. “Ha” – Juvenile
11. “Pocket Full of Stones” – UGK
12. “Trap Star” – Jeezy
13. “Ain’t No Future in Yo’ Frontin” – MC Breed
14. “Peso” – A$AP Rocky
15. “1st of Tha Month” – Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
16. “Murder” – UGK
17. “I’m Bout It, Bout It” – TRU (feat. Master P and Mia X)
18. “Provider” – N.E.R.D.
19. “Grindin’” – Clipse 20.“Allure” – JAY Z
Which of the two playlists do you think is the doppest? Tell us below.