The University Of Nairobi Hostels Catch Fire

597
(Last Updated On: October 15, 2015)

Part of The University of Nairobi today morning was in flames as Hall 12 hostels caught fire. Students who were in the hostel at that time were aligned to safety as the number of casualties is yet to be established.

Emily Kombo, a 4th year student at the University of Nairobi told Varcity Kenya that the cause of fire is said to be an electric default that was stimulated by a student after a power outage resumed.

She also added that some of her fellow comrade’s property was destroyed during the incident. The fire was contained at 9:30 a.m. shortly after the incident occurred. This comes soon after another fire tragedy occurred at the Maseno University’s administration following conflict in their election procedures.

Here is a look at pics reaching our offices:

uon fire 1

uon fire

 

 

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )
Join over 3.000 visitors who are receiving our newsletter and staying in the know on our top articles, latest events and upcoming activities!Click here and join the community today.
We hate spam. Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else.