- Form a group and register an enterprise with the Registrar of Companies’ Offices in Nairobi or anywhere else wherever they are located. You may do so as a sole trader, partnership, limited company, association, etc.
- Get clearance from the Youth Enterprise Fund if you are youth; Women Gender Directorate if a woman; and, certification from National Council for Persons with Disability if you are a person with disability.
- Register the enterprise with the National Treasury in Nairobi or any County Treasury office. PPOA shall publish the names of all registered groups in the PPOA website (www.ppoa.go.ke).
- Visit any public entity of the National or County Governments anywhere in the country to seek for procurement opportunities. Public entities may advertise procurement opportunities in their respective websites, notice boards or local dailies which may also be published in the PPOA website (www.tenders.go.ke).
- Contact PPOA for any clarifications on matters that arise out of your interactions with the public entities on this issue.
- You are not required to submit a Tender Security in order to participate in the procurement process but you shall sign a Tender Security Declaration Form provided for in the tender documents which will bind you to perform the service once awarded the contract(s). Failure to adhere to the terms of the Form shall make you liable to Debarment pursuant to Section 115 of the Public procurement and Disposal Act, 2005.
- PPOA shall publish the list of the disadvantaged groups who have been registered for easy access by public entities.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the procurement proceeding, you may lodge your complaint to the Director General (PPOA) or file a review with the Secretary Public Procurement Administrative Review Board within 10 calendar days after notification of award of contract.
- You shall benefit from this preference and reservation scheme for a period of five years renewable once only.
|PIN REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS|
|Kenyan Citizen (Residing in or outside Kenya ) –||National Identity Card|
|Non Kenya Citizen (Residing in Kenya)||Work permit or investors permit AND Alien registration number.|
|Non Kenya Citizen (Residing outside Kenya)||Original Passport, Pin number of a Kenyan director or agent. Applicant must be available to undergo a background check.|
|Diplomat (Residing in Kenya)||Diplomatic card number and Passport|
|Limited Company or Partnership (Resident in Kenya)||Certificate of registration and Personal identification numbers(PIN) of at least two directors or partners|
|Limited Company or Partnership (Resident outside Kenya)||Certificate of compliance Number|
and Personal identification numbers (PIN) of at least two directors or partners
|Non-government Organization, etc.||Certificate of registration|
The registrar General is the registrar for companies, Business Names and Chattels. These services are carried under the Companies Act (Cap 486 Laws of Kenya), Registration of Business Names Act (Cap499 Laws of Kenya) and the Chattels Transfer Act (Cap 28 Laws of Kenya)
|SERVICES OFFERED||REQUIREMENTS FROM CUSTOMERS||CHARGES||TIME LINE|
|Name Search||Kshs 10/- for purchase of the form and Kshs 100/- per name|
Kshs 100/- per name
|3 days3 days|
|Registration of Limited Companies (Limited by shares)||Kshs 2,800/- mimimum|
Kshs 62,000/-maximum depending on the nominal share capital
|Registration of Business Names (Excludes security related business)||Kshs 800/-||10 days|
|Registration of charges and debentures||Kshs 600/-||6 days|
|Registration of Chattles||Kshs 50/-||30 days|
|Request for list of Directors (CR 12) by the Company of DirectorsRequest for list of Directors by third parties||Kshs 600/-Kshs 600/-||5 days5 days|
|Filing of annual returns||Kshs 400/- if filed within 28 days after the Annual General Meeting|
Kshs 2,600 maximum penalty per year of delay
|Change of Name of a Limited Company||Kshs 10/- for purchase of the form and Kshs 100/- per name|
Kshs 100/- per nameKshs 1,100/-
|3 days3 days4 days|
|Change of Business Name||Kshs 800/-||10 days|
|Removal or addition of a partner in a Business Name||Kshs 800/-||10 days|