Fashion lovers who got to attend the Nairobi Fashion market must have noticed the eye candy of the runway. The impeccable BBW of the day- Sandy Joan. A successful high fashion runway model who is much more than just drop-dead gorgeous looks.
Here are ten facts about this award winning curvy model:
- Sandra Joan is only 24 years of age.
- She recently scooped the plus size model of the year award from Jumia Glamour Awards 2015.
- Cancer awareness campaigns are really close to her heart. Most recently, Fashion Against Cancer (she will be volunteering at their runway) and Cancer Awareness program- Kenya (CAP-K). She will be in a lot of their branded merchandise throughout the month to support the initiative.
- She is in the running to be the first ever Miss Plus Size Kenya. The event is set to take place this Saturday, Oct 31st at the Weston Hotel.
- She is taken! Yes, Michael Moya is BAE.
My everything :”) A photo posted by Sandra Joan (@sandy.joan) on
6. All the beauty she got is backed up by brains. She is a psychology major at USIU- Africa with a minor in Spanish. 7. All things rugby. If it’s not rugby, it is not fun. That is her ideal type of chill mode. ‘Saturday is for rugby ❤🏈 ‘8. She plays softball for the Kenya national team. She is their starting first base lady.
9. Miss Sandy Joan is actually a nerd. Thoroughly invested in books. This explains why she is a member of Vitabu Vyetu Foundation; a charity initiative that donates stationery and helps with the reading culture in children.
10. Joan loves art, music, poetry, paintings, fashion…..this list is too beautiful to end.